(Speacial Exhibition) Sea, Ship, Beleif
- Mokpo National Maritime Museum
In this exhibition, at the sea where abundance and fear coexist, we will introduce traditional marine folk beliefs and rituals supported the lives of our ancestors.
○ Organizing the exhibition: National Institute of Marine Cultural Heritage
○ Display Sponsorship: Mokpo MBC
○ Opening event: July 29, 2022 (Fri) 15:00 / Commemorative performance (Jeonnam Provincial Gugak Orchestra)
○ Special performance: July 30, 2022 (Sat) 14:00 / Byeolsingut on the southern coast (Byeolsingut Preservation Society on the southern coast
○ Exhibition composition:
Part I, the sea of life and fear.
• The sea of life, and the ship
• a ship's guardian
• a ship's
• Sea of Fear, and Marine Accident
Part II, hold a memorial service to the god of the sea
• the national celebration of the sea
• the god of the sea
Part III, Seaboarders, pray to the gods for a good catch and safety.
• Poongoje - Meet the Gods, and Festival
• an offering to the sea
• Messenger to the Sea, Scarecrow
Part IV , Lead the soul of the sea into the world of paradise
• a ship that comforts the soul of the sea
• a ship to the polar world with the soul of the sea
* Department in charge: Exhibition Education Department 061-270-2040